Thursday, June 20, 2013

You know you're excited about your work when you're up at 5:00am & instead of trying to get back to sleep, you're messing around on your laptop like a massive geek. So the result of said early mornings? This new illustration. 

I'm actually really excited about this one - I'm loving the fact that this sketch combines 2 illustrative styles - the rough, sketchy line work in the beanie & jumper, as well as the softer, more shaded area of her hair. I'm also a bit obsessed with the pop colour abstract paint. I've been messing around with acrylics & watercolours for a while now & I feel like finally I'm getting somewhere with it.

I've got about half a dozen more illustrations in the works, but I feel like I want to work on some typography to mix things up a little... Any requests &/or suggestions for quotes will be greatly appreciated..!

Laine 
x

5 comments:

  1. ok i seriously am obsessed with you work. i know i say it all the time but i really, truly am. HOW do i get ahold of your prints? they'd be perfect for my new house. :)

    xx
    jess
    www.goldenswank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your amazing comment Jess - I really appreciate your kind words..!

      I'm in the process of sourcing a printer & organising some local & online stockists STAT. You'll definitely be one of the first to know when I get things rolling. :)

      Thanks so much again lovely..!

      Laine
      xx

      Delete
  2. i love what u do here. typography will be great to explore too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to buy this too! Love love love it! Well done! x

    ReplyDelete