Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I've been working on a few new illustrations & this is the first one I've finished. I'm trying to challenge myself to work outside my comfort zone, so this sketch was one I tried to do fast.

I wanted it rough, sketchy & raw... & I have to say I really like the scribbled lines & the overall rough, imperfect feel. I added in the watercolour overlay to give it a bit of a fun twist & if I'm honest, I'm more than a little surprised by how much I like it..!

Despite this week being shorter due to the long weekend, the last few days at work have been chaos so tonight I'm looking forward to some quality time with the couch..!

Oh, & before I forget, it's Wednesday, so happy hump day! I think that calls for a mini celebration - it means we over halfway through the week..!

FJM
x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful... It can be really hard not to labour over something to get it "perfect" but it's always worth it for lovely creations like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Love that you try different technics.
    And i hope that you like the post with your illustrations
    http://www.lahippiedemierda.blogspot.com/2013/05/laine-fraser.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's amazing... I've been a fan of your website for a while now so it's absolutely amazing to see some of my work up there!

      I really love the post - thanks so much for featuring my work, I really appreciate it..!

      Laine x

      Delete