Monday, June 17, 2013

Another day, another new sketch..!

I did this drawing on the weekend & decided to work in some water colour as a bit of a challenge. I'm really loving the random compilation of brush strokes with painted polka dots - it feels kind of new & exciting for me - I think I reallt like like where this is headed.

I feel like I've gone a little crazy using pop colour with my last few illustrations so this soft, pretty colour palette makes for a nice change.

I've got lots some more illustrations in the works, as well as a top secret, killer collaboration with a fellow designer that I'm really looking forward to sharing, so stay tuned, there's heaps of fun stuff on the way..!

Hope you've all had a great start to the week so far.

Laine
x

6 comments:

  1. Love the washed out look and the use of minimal lines. I was in an art class today all about minimalism- sometimes understated is what stands out the best.

    artpoliticslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you - sometimes the simplest, most understated designs can be the most effective.

      Thanks so much for your comment..!

      Laine
      x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, you're so talented! I've always wanted to be able to illustrate :)
    Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now!
    Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin'??

    Kendra
    xx

    www.stoleninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for lovely comment..!

      For some crazy reason I can't get bloglovin working, but I've added your blog to my reading list so I'll definitely be stopping by more often. Love, love, LOVE your latest post - I can't stop scrolling through all of the looks you posted!

      Laine
      x

      Delete
  3. this is beautiful! i can see it hanging right above my couch. i think it's time to send you an email!

    http://christinafoster.net

    ReplyDelete